Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing #22

Ok, here is my resolution to keep blogging. But I feel it is forced. I've been back and forth about blogging in general lately. It was all because I was showing my mom the 23 things, so she could learn about RSS feeds, and del.icio.us etc. And she couldn't grasp a blog. "Like, could anyone write a blog? Who wants to read that?" And I said...no one. Is that true? How much time to people spend finding and reading blogs of people they'll never meet? I'm not sure how I feel about blogging. I am not a natural PR person, and don't like saying, come to my show, read my blog, ego ego. So how do people get blog readers? Is this really the world's most pressing problem?
That whole list of other resources is boggling or should I say bloggling my mind.
I won't be able to get away from Library 2.0, which is fine with me.
I think my dog is an Aquarius, like me. I got a new book called, "What Sign is Your Pet" and judging from the self-quiz, and reading through the profiles, I think she is. And I like to be surrounded by Aquarians (so few and far between) and Aquarius ideals (working together, community). Which is how I see Library 2.0. What will Library 3.0 be? I hope it involves the Jetsons. Or at least some of the tools featured in the future.
A way to keep up on what? Library tools? I just listen to gossip at Palmers about libraries, talk to other librarians, and see what the talk is on the digests of mailing lists I am on but almost never participate on. Sometimes I want to hide in my cave and not participate in anything, but most of the time I do. That's what I get for being a photographer that grew up in the darkroom.
Enough about that. These 23 things have been quite a ride.

2 comments:

Toland back in HS said...

Love the bowling ball case in the avatar picture. Is it yours or the dinosaurs?

she.is.the.one said...

Wonderful post dear...
Join Estée Lauder Giveaway :)
http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/2012/09/giveaway-iii.html