Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing #13

I chose "Remember the Milk" because I really like lists and I haven't been very good at keeping track of my to-do list lately. I don't really know what it means to make anything my home page, because I don't have my own computer, but I think that's serious. It was hard enough for me to decide on a boyfriend, let alone a homepage. I am a loner, a rebel. I cannot commit to just one homepage.
Well, we use the Google calendar for the Belfry. That seems to be going well. I'm encouraging people to use Google Docs for things like the meeting minutes, or for the press contact list for example.
Online calendars are nice because you can get really detailed and it will alert you. My Slingshot doesn't alert me and it gets lost a lot.
I think the lists are really too much work. I just need to write my to do list down on a colored piece of paper, and then I'll be able to find it better. It takes a lot more time to log into the computer, go to the list site, type things in and add tasks, than it does just to write it down with a pen. Not everything has to be virtual.
Backpack looks too complicated. I obviously didn't want to pay, so signed up for the free account. There is too much text on there, but now no one can ever take polkaostrich.backpack.net ever again. Mwahahaahah... Seriously though, too complicated for something that is supposed to make your life easier.

No comments: