Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing #4

Here is my first transfer from Flickr to a blog. I have a Flickr

account, but forgot about it. Now I think I might be addicted to it. It's hard because I don't have a computer (well I do, but it doesn't get the internet, or save, or print anything, or burn CDs) so I have to use my sister's computer which means I have to deal with my crazy mom and her cats always sitting in front of the screen and she tries to talk to me and peers over my shoulder when I'm doing things and then sits next to me and talks on the phone really loud. That's the main reason I haven't really gotten into Flickr. Maybe when I win the lottery I will buy myself a computer to upload all my photos onto.
I have BFA in photography and am not in the digital camp at alll...

But, I think I will start a Flickr account for the Belfry/Bat Annex Library. Then we can all upload our pics onto the site so everyone can see how much fun a radical lending library can be and they'll all want to visit and check zines out and have dance parties in the library. We drink beer in our library.

I feel wonderful about having my photos public. I'm not really doing anything illegal, and I like the idea that I don't have to invite everyone over for a slide show, make a cheez ball, etc. for them to see my pictures. And I like the idea of people I don't know finding my pictures and hopefully laughing at them or wondering what could be going on there.

I don't know how other people who are in the pictures feel about it though. How many people actually ask if it's ok with their subjects, if its just their friends, if they're up on Flickr? Does anyone ever do anything sinister with Flickr images?

I remember when Flickr just came out and all the photographers were so excited.

No comments: