Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing #17

EBSCO's page composer isn't blowing my mind. I really don't like their format to begin with,and I don't feel like making tiny web pages is a business EBSCO really needs to be in.
I didn't find Gale/Cenage learning at all. Am I blind?
The ProQuest tool was pretty cool, but if I were someone else, I wouldn't want articles mailed to me all the time. It's enough getting the clippings mailed to you by your grandma, isn't it?
NetLibrary's notes tool was pretty cool, but I don't really know why I'd use it.
Sometimes I feel like all these tools are just being invented and promoted because people can,not because they'll really make our lives easier. I think people just want to say,look at this other tool. Tools are great, but if it takes more time to use it than it would to do it the old fashioned way, they're not worth very much.

No comments: