Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thing #3

How could RSS stand for Really Simple...anything? Can you abbreviate things like that? I guess you can, and they did. Does everything have to have an acronym these days? Does it really shave that much time off of your day?
How are we all supposed to work with all of the RSS feed reading? I could spend all day just reading these.
So I signed up for Bloglines because that's what Steven Abrams likes. And he's cool. But then I also signed up for Google reader because I like the idea of Google dominating my life. And my blog is through there, and my email, so why not? Is that so wrong? I think I like Google's better.
I love that I don't have to remember that I like a website and go to it all the time. I don't like that I expect to feel overwhelmed by all this information.
I would think that librarians really like this. Especially if there is a special interest.
When will people learn to clone ourselves so one of us can be just us, and the other one do errands and be personal assistants to the real one? I feel like I'll need a clone to read all my blogs. And I've only subscribed to 5. I get distracted very easily. I am an Aquarius. But we've talked about this before.
I thought Google Reader was a lot easier to use than Bloglines. I like the setup, that you can star things, that after you've scrolled down, it marks the blog as "read", and it was friendlier to help me find blogs. The video explained what I had to figure out on my own, because I set up a Bloglines account before I watched the video. That's just my style.
Isn't a little egomanaical of everyone when they say "subscribe to my blog", Now I'm starting to get what all the blog jokes are about. I mean, are we all so important that we expect people to subscribe to our blogs and find out our every move? Can't we just go home and watch Princess Bride without telling everyone about it?
PS Subscribe to my blog! Frog bog.

No comments: