Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing #18

Oh, believe me, I've already "discovered" YouTube.
I heard a funny piece on NPR about how UTube, some manufacturer for some piece of something is constantly getting nasty calls and emails from people trying to find YouTube. Their website couldn't handle all the traffic and it was a full time job just deflecting people looking for funny videos of dogs or old Bruce Springsteen videos, like that one where Courtney Cox gets pulled up on stage and dances with the Boss. These are all gems I've discovered on YouTube.
I am thrilled to see the March of the Librarians using the classic Europe tune "The Final Countdown." Fine peice of music, that is. But I don't know why that video got so much circulation. It wasn't that great. And all the librarians were middle aged white women.

Embedding this video of Howlin Wolf was really easy.
I don't have any attention for video, which maybe explains why I haven't become as immersed in the YouTube craze as I could. That goes for video art too. Even if it's the most exciting thing in the world, I can't watch it for very long.
I chose this video obviously because Howlin Wolf was the coolest. I had absolutely no issue at all using this site. It is so easy. It's amazing how much pointless blabber occurs in the comments section of each video. Wow.
I would really love to make a video of our library. A wild dance party in the library would definately get me interested.

No comments: